God's love

God's love
you are justified!

Wednesday 24 April 2013

RELATIONSHIP; What is God's view?


Jesus said “if anyone hates his neighbor, that person hates me”. He also said “if the world hates you, they hate me first” Are you in any form of relationship? Are you getting tired or are you already tired because of the other party? Is it because of the way they behave, their character and attitude? You have spoken to them times without number and they have just refused to change and you probably want to pull the plug off the relationship. Well, before you do, you need to go through this message, many people have asked me questions about relationships and I decided to answer through my own personal experience and what I did to my failing relationships. Back in 2010, I was in a friendship relation with a guy, we were roommates, I loved him and I became too attached to him, this was because of his outward character (which can be deceptive) and his intelligence, whenever there is any problem, his always has a solution. As the year went by, he began to take me for granted, everything started to change. He started messing the room without giving a damn about it, he became mighty selfish, he practically refused to share anything or do anything around the house, so whenever he does any of these, I will let it pass, I will clean the house and share my own things with him hoping that one day he will realize what he’s doing and change but he never did, he kept on messing things up and It was hauntingly frustrating, I have spoken to him on countless occasions but he just refused to change. One day I ran out of patience one day, I did know what to do, I wanted to call off the friendship but I remembered why I met him in the first place and I wanted to keep that, thoughts came to mind to keep malice but I am a believer and malice isn’t an option. I was like I was pouring water on the rock because nothing was changing about him and my human nature could not take it anymore. So, I decided to go to the word of God to see what God is saying about it (as believers, we should never fail to go to the word of God you find out what he has said concerning any situation you are facing and you will definitely find awesome answers) and here is what I found. I found out from the book of Romans 12:18, it says “if it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men” I replied and said that I have tried and its killing me and as I was thinking on this passage, another word came to my mind “love your enemies and those who despise you” and I replied my mind that this was weighing me down. So I closed my bible and decided to take a break, after a while, I returned to my bible, I turned to the book of John 13:34 which says “A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.” So, I asked myself this question how did he love us? And there was the answer in 1John 3:21, it says “And this is his commandment, that we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another as he gave us commandment” so I asked myself again, how does Jesus love us? I turned to Romans 5:8 to get the answer it says “But God commanded his love toward1 us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” it was strong on me, I turned to John 3:16 to meditate on it and then Romans 8:38-39 which says “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord” These means that even when we engage in ungodly things, God still loves us unconditionally and nothing can separate us from his love, it means we don’t need to do anything for God to love us” This was big for me, I was in tears as I reflected over God love for me, I thought about all I’ve done and yet God still loves me and he needs everyone to love one another the same way, God needs me to love my friend unconditionally just as he has loved me. So that was it, I decided to love my friend no matter what he did or what he will do because I am a child of God, I am an heir to his throne, I have the righteousness of God so therefore I have the ability to love like he loves and so do you. Since that day, whenever he does something crazy, thoughts will come to my mind to be mad at him but I will confess out loud saying “I am the righteousness of God” and immediately, those thoughts will leave me. So instead of hating, I started praying for my friend and today he has completely changed, we now enjoy our friendship like never before because I chose to do what God says. I showed him truths from the bible and now he is a true believer. So, my dear reader, you are born of God, don’t let you human nature over take you, love unconditionally, be at peace with everyone and pray for your enemies and watch them change. Contact Michael on: 07061548676, www.facebook.com/michael.s.ekanem, michaelekanem92@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. i luv dis ril big...timely 2n xtent..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... real fact here

    ReplyDelete